Image-bearers of God

Rarely did I look at my neighbor and see an "image-bearer of God". Rarely did I look at the mirror and see an image-bearer of Christ. Or the person walking down the street. Strangers, friends, nieces, nephews, grandparents, family etc. All image-bearers of Christ.

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them
Genesis 1:27

Parents (and other family members or friends) often try to figure out who their child most looks like with a sense of pride, belongingness and ownership because the kid looks a little like them. Sometimes the child is an imitator of the nature of the parent or certain mannerisms. I wonder if God looks at us with a certain pride over the fact that we resemble Him a little. I wonder what would happen if we imitate Him to please Him more and more. 

This post was inspired by:
The Bible,

Comments