You are Beautiful

For a long while now, I've envied the pretty girl, I've envied the girl who has all the boys around her. I've envied the one who carried herself well. I've envied the girl who looked pretty,having gorgeous hair, skin, clothes, eyes, lips and made the funny jokes.
That girl everybody likes.
But when I envied these pretty girls with the hot bods and the beautiful friends, i thought i was missing out..that my life would be so much better if I was them.
This year, they made me "Miss AZBT".(my class)
That girl everybody likes.
I felt loved. But i couldn't help feeling-underneath all that love, which was overwhelming- that I had gotten EVERYTHING that I had been chasing for so many years of my life.
And that everything turned out to be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
I'm not saying that in an ungrateful way.
I was absolutely filled with gratitude, holding back the tears because I was sad that I was going to be leaving this place. (College)
but I felt disappointed that i had wasted all my teen aged years believing that I was not beautiful because I didn't look a certain way. And when I had finally met that standard that I set for myself..it still wasn't enough.
Maybe the truth is, my perspective of beauty is so warped.
That it's all a BIG FAT LIE that you need to be accepted by others to be truly beautiful.
Maybe my beauty is not about how I Look on the outside.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was made so.
That each and every person was carefully created, beautifully.
And I can't be "more beautiful"or "less beautiful" based on what I believe are society's expectations of beauty.
Because, the one who made tiny blossoming summer flowers , made me in His image, and that makes me breathtakingly beautiful.
And everybody else is beautiful and intricately designed too...no matter what we've done.
And that is the TRUTH.
That I've been chasing something, i had all along.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for choosing to comment on this blog!