Life After Facebook.


I’m about to let you in on something crazy.
I don’t have a Facebook account anymore.
 
Original Unedited Image from Google.



Okay it's not that crazy. But for me , it was.
I believe I got to create the Facebook account in 2007, and I maintained it until march this year.
 Life after Facebook, has been quite GOOD so far, actually.
I don't have an urge to check my account everyday (mostly because I don't have one - haha) I've been able to blog more, which I somehow never had the "time" to do before - mostly because I'd rather have spent it on Facebook. I've been discovering myself , getting all quiet and realized that I need to look inside of me, first, before I can go out and make the world a better place and all of that. (haha)
Getting real up, close and personal with God has actually been (and will always continue to be) my top priority.
“Facebook is not for me, that’s all.” Is what I told the people who questioned me about my decision with their wide eyes.
“Was somebody troubling you?” someone asked one day. (haha)
I had a lot of reasons for quitting Facebook, so it was a little difficult to pin-point the exact reason why.The main reason I quit Facebook-was because I didn’t need it anymore. It wasn’t helping me make a positive change in my life.

I’m definitely not ANTI-FACEBOOK either. I just think that personally, at this point of time in my life, quitting was the right thing to do. 

I actually think it’s a great place to share your self and be a part of a big network of people. It’s an amazing platform for companies, free lancers, self-made entrepreneurs, little organizations (the list is pretty much endless.) And a huge part of me went into denial shortly afterwards – I missed going on it nearly every day. I missed the creative outlet it offered. I missed the people, the updates, the notificatons, the memes and the little groups I had been a part of. It was like getting over a bad relationship really (and some really sad humour similar to this – kept me up and going with my life as usual)

From the dramatic way in which I’ve been putting this across, I think it’s pretty obvious that I was pretty hooked on to Facebook –and that it meant a lot to me. I was addicted to all of it. I thought life without it, would be surreal – like a return to the stone ages, (or something similar).

However, here I am, livin’ it up at the stone ages - Back to how it was before Facebook happened (in this one aspect only).

And here I am, about to get all corny : Life is way more than one person or website. There’s so much left for me to find out and discover.  There’s just so much more than what meets our eyes. So this is proving that to myself.

Love Jeff ;)

Comments

  1. Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to read and post on this post. It means a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud one,Jeffy!!its gud to do what you want to do rather than to go along with what everyone thinks is cool..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senta man, thank you so much for actually reading these posts. And you're right ---- it's harder to do your own thing sometimes,, but so so worth it!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for choosing to comment on this blog!