Kashmir Travel Diaries ~ Day #2


Day 2 had us moving from Srinagar to Pahalgam stopping for saffron and dry fruits shopping on the way. We stopped at a dried out apple farm (because: winter). At Pahalgam there was a lot of snowy views, horse riding and a little sheep holding.

In the middle of the forest I tumbled off along with the horse on a small sand ledge (horse slipped while struggling with the boy leading him), felt frozen (because I've never experienced sub-zero temperatures before in my life), got one feet wet in a stream and became quickly uncomfortable through the course of the day (use snow shoes, kids). But with a friend along, my horse I and the boy leading us on the surreal landscape - it felt like everything was still for the first time. I felt things I hadn't felt in years. A calm and sense of peace that is inexplicable. Answers to all the problems I was struggling with seemed simple because I could actually think in the quiet without the busyness of life creeping in. God's ways seems so big and huge and my ways so simple and small and that's just the way it is. 

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7



Comments