Train Journeys

Living away from home means that I take quite a few trips - especially on the train. Trains are not too pricey and they do a good job of transporting you from point A to point B pretty quickly. (compared to the road trip I mean)

The journeys that I have been taking have been more than 12 hours long in the train, by myself. These 'solo trips' have gotten be into a thinking spree and since that is something I like doing, I'm not complaining. Especially in the middle of a 'busy life'. The poor internet connectivity that happens as a result of shuttling between cities and states pretty fast is the perfect reason to be off the grid for a while and just be with me. 


Sometimes I like to read, other times I like to solve puzzles and a lot of time I like to look out of the window because there is something fascinating about a place that you've been to in the physical sense but will probably never live in or experience truly because you've already whizzed past the location and into the next one in seconds.

The loud whistle of other trains, other people going about their daily routines, or even other families within my own compartment have all captured my attention long enough to keep my thoughts from wandering like they do.

I've realized that it is great to pull away from work and family and friends, expectations and hopes and tomorrows, yesterdays and sorrows and disappointments, and just relax for a little to take it all in like the introvert I am, knows I needed it.
To sift through my thoughts and get to the root cause of the real issue - only to see that it is inside me and not outside the whole time.

Love
-Jeffy

Comments