Music Review || Encouraging stuff :)

I've noticed that different people like different sorts of music, based on their tastes, what situation they are in. So, where I am at right now here are some really encouraging songs that have helped me and pushed me(in difficult patches) to be more than I am being right now.



1. You're not alone , Owl City feat. Britt Nicole

When I found out that 2 of my favourite artists had decided to collide in a song, the grin on my face went something like this:

Besides the face that I respect the people who sang this song, the song in itself is incredibly encouraging and beautiful.
 And though when it rains, it pours
You know all I have is Yours

You smile when You hear my prayer


2. I know you will , J J Heller
 It was like love dripped through from the song into my ears and then my heart  (yes, I realize that-that is a bit of an odd statement to make. But, this song demanded it.)

You don't have to let the rain clouds, 
underneath your skin 
Love sings louder than the darkness
Let the Light shine in 
I know you will.. 

It showed me, practically, how beautiful believing in somebody for the good can be.

3. Forgive me, Tenth Avenue North

I had heard this song a while back, but in the past few days the following lines really popped out to me:

I gave up the truth for a lie
Trade the sun in for the moonlight
Oh, don’t let me sleep here tonight
I want to see You here with new eyes, new eyes


It describes what I had been doing for a while now, trying to fill my self by being a people-pleaser and workaholic but ended up bitter and unsatisfied- it took God to give me that new perspective-that He is the one who loves me and is ALL I needed :).

Another song from their same EP "Islands" is this song : 4.No man is an island

5.Because of your love,  and 6.Safe by Phil Wickam

It came to a point when I began to see that I couldn't go on living like a wreck (which is what my life became again) and the reason I was doing that was 'cause I tried to love things and people of this world (is this the fourth time I am making the moonlight reference?) instead of God. (the true Light.) 

 Maker of the universe
Broken for the sins of the earth 

..
Because of Your love
Because of Your love I live love


7. He knows my name Francesca Battistelli

This song is about why we don't need to live thinking we are unloved and trying to be perfect to gain love from this world, 'cause we are Loved already.




8. The Broken Beautiful by Ellie Halcomb


This song was suggested to me by a close friend - and I am glad she did.

It's about how broken things and people are made beautiful :).






 Love
Jeffy











Comments