Serenity

There's a certain sense of freedom that comes into existence inside of me, every time I realize that I don't have to do anything or be anything that I don't choose to be.

I don't have to be busy, if I know that I want to and need to relax. I don't need to let other peoples' opinions of me bother me.
I don't need to be jealous or angry or selfish any longer.

I can "choose" to not be these things, and there is serenity in knowing that the choice is mine to make.

I've heard quote before, (from the movie Princess Diaries) and I don't know where it originated exactly but it goes something like this :
Nobody can make you feel you inferior without your consent.
Lately, the truth in the statement seems to be sinking in a lot more than it did before.

dear person - you don't have to drift through life, you have a choice. You can choose to passionate and to live :).  You can choose to not do those things you know you don't need to :).
And for me and hopefully you - we've got  a lot to be grateful for, to live on this planet; from the moment we know that we have been given this oppurtunity to choose.

There may not be many things I have a control over in my life, so why not choose to control the one thing  I actually can. Myself.

Love
Jeff


Comments