Zombies, Vampires and The Listener 8)

Routines sometimes put us in boxes. And although I tried to get a lot done in the last semester of college, I'm glad that I finally got to shake things up a bit.
I got to enjoy a vacation to a beautiful place (KL, Malaysia), got to watch movies, go to a lot of malls, got the chicken pox (haha!), made friends, met up with old ones, read books, and got to catch up on some good serials.


A movie about zombies caught my eye the other day, and other than World War Z - I don't believe I've seen any zombie movies before, and because I didn't really think World War Z, was that cool really- I expected this movie to be so-so.
However, shortly into the movie, the hero begins to eat his the girl's(whom he hopes to make his girlfriends') boyfriend's brains and thereby gets to know her better as he sees more of the girls past in the dead guys memories. The hilarity of the moment hit me and I couldn't help but enjoy myself. The goriness of the moment lost quickly.
The Vampire Prosecutor

<The Vampire Prosecutor> is a Korean drama about a guy (who happened to be a vampire & homicide- detective-type person). He too had a weird talent, which allowed him to catch glimpses of the dead person's last few moments on drinking a little of the persons blood.  Once again, the story was enjoyable to me, even though I didn't expect it to impress me much.


Another really cool series that my sister introduced to me is <The Listener>. It's about a guy who can listen into peoples' thoughts. Being a paramedic, the shows goes deeply into how this guy, Toby Logan uses his ability to help people out and save lives.
Only a few episodes in, I really like the fresh perspective, of how the world of a person who could read minds would be completely different from mine.
But more importantly, I enjoyed how well he looked into people's eyes and listened- unlike many regular people, simply because he already knew what they were thinking by reading their mind. I reminded myself to be less harsh on the people who don't really listen(including me) to the other person in the conversation, because hey- we're not mind readers.
Additionally, his sensitivity is inspiring. Because the way he communicates with people and he uses ordinary "conversations" to completely save peoples' lives, find murderers and a lot more.

I have not been one of those people, who've valued conversations a lot in the recent past. And I realize how foolish that is.

All of these series have pushed me to think beyond myself, and I was pleasantly surprised because I must say that the amount of thought that has gone into the details is incredible. There are some more items in the "Changed Perspective" lot in my mind right now, such as:

Books:
 The Fault in our Stars, John Green
  Ballet Shoes, Noel Streatfield

TV Show:
 Master Chef (US)

Song: 
            His Daughter, Molly Kate Kestner
           
 But This post would be too long. So more reviews and thoughts coming soon.
In the mean time, have you watched any of these. What are your thoughts?
If you hadn't figured out already, I love new perspectives, and I'd love to include yours into my viewpoint. 
An open mind is alright, but not when it comes to the Truth :).




Love
Jeffy

Comments