My Letter to God

Hey,
     
           A while ago, I fully realized that the only thing that can wholly accept you-no matter what-is a non- breathing notebook. It's a either a notebook you can be completely honest with or God.
   God is obviously so much more than a notebook or a person, even. And ever since I saw the movie "Letters to God" I started addressing all my little diary entries to God. This has become my own private account of all the things I have to say to God (at the particular moment in which I am writing the entry, of course)


So here's the most recent one :

         Dear God,                                                                                   19/3/2013
                            hey. HEY. : D.

Today, You showed me a bit about the kind of nature You want me to CHOOSE to have- That of a child. A child does not hear / see what the world has to say/show. He/she is filled with obedience for the MASTER CREATOR, with eyes and ears only for Him <3. He/she does not trust in the external appearances of another person, but puts his/ her faith in their heart.
 Lately You've also showed that no matter how "popular" or "unpopular" I think a person is - I need to treat them right, show them Love for their heart. And not go out of my way to impress (and hence idolize)anyone, unless God Himself (You) leads me to.
It's strange how insanely simple it is. KEEP YOUR EYES FIXED ON CHRIST. Yet, sometimes it is hard to comprehend. That's when I realize that it's Your divine wisdom provided by the AWESOME Holy Spirit that helps me comprehend it. I ain't doin' it on my own. It's only with the Spirit that I can Love You right.  And Your Grace gives me enough STRENGTH AND WISDOM for each day :). And although some situations - I don't want to go through, You get me through it :). Like I read in the Bible today (was it Paul's letter to the Corinthians?*) where he describes the foolishness of the boasting he was about to do - and did anyway.
 He boasted over his weaknesses. Because, it was through his weaknesses that God was strongest/ most powerful. Hence, through his weaknesses, he is strong. That's awesome.
He also mentioned that because of this-he is content with his weaknesses, shortcomings, failures, troubles, persecutions and all that nasty stuff. Can  You believe how amazing that is? ( Yea, I suppose You can :) Lord!) - [Like . Yes!! I messed this up - Now God can work through me . Yeah, I suppose it does sound a little foolish.]
I need to be content too, right? And REJOICE no matter what. What a crazy notion! And yet it's what is expected of me. And why should I NOT REJOICE?! You make me HAPPIEST. Every happy moment, person/ thing that has made me happy - has made me happy because You worked through them. Help me not forget that Lord.
 I find myself getting excited over the tiniest things, Lord. Like picking out new, clean sheets for my bed from the cupboard. I mean, I am grateful that I have a bed and clean sheets and that I get to pick them and spread them and sleep in them. And it's all Thanks to You, oh Lord.

I've never felt this HAPPY in my life.
Love
Your little girl
Jeff

[* 2Corinthians 12: 7-11]

Not all of my entries are this - happy? But I have to say that nothing matches the amazing feeling that comes from just putting it out there for Him to see.

And now I've put it out here , for whoever else reads this page to see - which honestly, is a little disturbing because...you know, it's private stuff. However I also feel lucky, that I get to share what God's Love has done for me in such a public way.

A friend of mine and I were talking one day, of all the different kinds of things that He did for the people we knew and how He loves us all sort of differently- the way each of us needed to be Loved. It's kind of like if you have a friend, who knows and loves a lot of different people, and obviously this friend's relationship with each and every one of those people is going to be different (custom-made to suit the individuals in that particular relationship).

What I'm trying to point out from this analogy is that, what I have to say to God, is probably different from what you might have to say to Him. And my question is ,
 if you wrote a Letter to God? ( or say, a text message - if you're not the letter writing type) what would it say?

 
Love
 Jeff

Comments