Avoid fear?

      “And avoid fear, for fear is the consequence of every lie.”
                                     Fyodor Dostoyevsky - The Brothers Karamazov



       Fear is a Lie.     It's hard to believe-but it's the truth.

Here is a little story: At the beginning of this semester in college, in English Class, we had to do a bunch of things like "Public Speaking" , "Group Discussion" and other things. And quite simply put, I was afraid - of the teacher, of my class mates, of the situation, of failing the class (yeah well you get the picture.) Fear has a way of distorting the size of the thing you're afraid of, in your head.
This fear of my teacher grew well out of hand, and soon I couldn't face her without my heart thumping uncontrollably. I remember my first speech being "The Fear of Public Speaking", simply because that is all that filled my head and there wasn't any room for anything else. 

 One of my friends from school, Lydia, who is also my class mate for this class-stood out with her excellent (and hence inspirational) speeches, simply because of her lack of fear.
Of late, however, I've come to know and love this teacher. I'm glad she sort of pushed us all onto the edges of our comfort zones and right over it. Because how else are we going to learn to fly? 

What I've learnt is this : Fear is just a consequence of a lie. We actually have no reason to be afraid. 

Open up your mind a little bit and watch this amazing video. 




  Once again, I'm putting this on this page, to remain as a reminder for me- that Life is Beautiful when you believe the Truth, so don't let fear confuse you. 
        "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified and do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go."
                                                                                            - Joshua 1: 9

 Love
   -Jeff  

Comments